Pollster.com

Articles and Analysis

 

PA: 45% Toomey (R), 40% Sestak (D) (Suffolk 9/24-27)

Topics: Pennsylvania , poll

Suffolk University
9/24-27/10; 500 registered voters, 4.4% margin of error
Mode: Live telephone interviews
(Suffolk release)

Pennsylvania

2010 Senate
45% Toomey (R), 40% Sestak (D) (chart)

2010 Governor
47% Corbett (R), 40% Onorato (D) (chart)

 

Comments
Von Wallenstein:

why are they polling RVs at this stage of the cycle? every other reputable pollster is polling LVs

____________________

BH:

"why are they polling RVs.."

Yet, even still, Onorato and Sestak can't get above 40 in this poll.

____________________

StatyPolly:

"why are they polling RVs.."

Don't wanna appear judgmental?

____________________

iVote:

Obama at 50/49 in today's Rasmussen?? First time he's been above water there in a VERY long time.

____________________

John:

I believe it is LVs, given that 84% of the 500RVs are "almost certain" to vote and the other 16% are "probably" going to vote although it does say RVs on the Suffolk site so they certainly could make it clearer.

Not that it would make much difference, at least in this poll given Toomey is wining the younger voter by a larger margin than overall, but only 20% of the poll's respondents are under 45?!

____________________

BillB10:

36% of sample are retired. Isn't that a bit high, even for PA which has an older population?

____________________



Post a comment




Please be patient while your comment posts - sometimes it takes a minute or two. To check your comment, please wait 60 seconds and click your browser's refresh button. Note that comments with three or more hyperlinks will be held for approval.

MAP - US, AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY, PR