Pollster.com

Articles and Analysis

 

POLL: Quinnipiac NJ Primary


A new Quinnipiac University statewide survey of registered voters in New Jersey (conducted 6/26 through 7/2) finds:

  • Among 575 Democrats, Sen. Hillary Clinton (at 37%) leads former V.P. Al Gore (18%) and Sen. Barack Obama (15%) in a statewide primary.

  • Among 505 Republicans, former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (at 46%) leads Sen. John McCain (11%) and former Sen. Fred Thompson (9%) in a statewide primary.

  • General election match-ups:

    Giuliani 47%, Clinton 44%
    Giuliani 36%, Clinton 36%, Bloomberg 18%
    Giuliani 48%, Obama 40%
    McCain 41%, Clinton 47%
    McCain 40%, Obama 44%

 

Comments
Andrew:

The Democrats needs to start attacking Rudy instaed of focusing on McCain. Giuliani leads Clinton and Obama in this blue state, according to Quinnipiac. That's dangerous.

____________________

rich:

No offense intended but I believe you poll to be wishful thinking. Obama, Clinton, McCain, and Giuliani are not the choices of the American people. Most polls I have seen are are rigged to get the results you want.

Example: How would you vote if the election were held today between:?
Clinton
McCain
Would not likely vote

Those that said They would "likely not vote" because they didn't like the choices offered)(70%)are discarded from poll. Of the remaining 30%, say Clinton got 2 votes and McCain got 1 vote. The poll would say 66% of likely voters picked Clinton. In reality she got 20% and possibly only because some felt compelled to choose one of two undesired to satisfy the poll format..

While the vast majority don't like any of your four choices, your results show they do. There needs to be a law that any poll trying to influence voters should be required to print the poll itself at the same time so people can see how the odds are stacked to favor one of any of the Big Greed Factors globalists candidates, bought and paid for, will appear to be Americas choice.

Hopefully all American voters will call up radio talk shows expressing their support for other choices, besides the four television and newspapers are trying to cram down our throats. Just like with the senate betrayal attempt, Americans can beat them at their own game if we remain vocal and active. And watch out for tricky pollsters.

____________________

Paul:

Some polls are restricted to a few names; others have a longer list. Regardless, without fundraising, none of the "others" have a chance. Of those who have announced (which means without Fred Thompson and Al Gore), only Obama, Clinton, Giuliani and Romney are raising enough money to make a serious run. McCain is seriously hurting in terms of fund raising and his poll numbers nationally and in several states have been declining. Edwards' poll numbers have not been holding either.

As to match ups, those numbers will vary greatly between now and the general election, possibly bearing no relationship at all. The numbers to watch are for the primaries, especially with so many taking place on or before February 5.

____________________



Post a comment




Please be patient while your comment posts - sometimes it takes a minute or two. To check your comment, please wait 60 seconds and click your browser's refresh button. Note that comments with three or more hyperlinks will be held for approval.

MAP - US, AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY, PR