Pollster.com

Articles and Analysis

 

US: Bush Approval et al (APGfK-11/6-10)


AP - GfK
11/6-10/08; 1,001 Adults, 3.1%
Mode: Live Telephone Interviews
(source)

National

28% approve of the way Bush is handling his job as President; 67% disapprove.

21% approve of the way Congress is handling its job; 71% disapprove.

Also:

How confident are you that Barack Obama will be successful in bringing about the changes needed to improve the economy?

    72% Confident
    26% Not confident

How confident are you that Barack Obama will be able to implement the policy agenda he promised in his campaign?

    68% Confident
    31% Not confident

 

Comments
C.S.Strowbridge:

If the Republicans try and use the filibuster to block Obama's agenda, they will be killed in 2010.

____________________

political_junki:

Depends on Obama's agenda. With this economy any kind of government spending plan without an immediately obvious urgency is political suicide for a president already perceived to be too liberal.

____________________

Trosen:

Liberal Outlier.

____________________

Publius:

junki:

I think that Obama can propose his health care plan and present it as an urgent need since many people are out of work and more will follow. The latest estimate is that it will cost $75 billion, which he can compare to the bailouts that the banks are getting and make it seem inexpensive.

____________________

political_junki:

Publius:
I disagree. Say unemployment hits 12%. I'd think the real urgency then is to save the rest of the 88% of jobs by not taxing people rather than providing insurance for that 12%.
Spending more on health care of the unemployed *during a rescission* is a vicious cycle:
you get more unemployed by taxing the employed ,taxing results in less jobs and even more unemployed.
Pretty soon we will have a nation of unemployed people with healthcare.

____________________

GlassHalfFull:

Liberal outlier ... just like all those liberal polls that had Obama getting elected. Oh wait ...

____________________

GlassHalfFull:

Obama knows about 1,000 times more about this than any of us who spend time on the web. And he's going to surround himself by people who know even more about it than he does.

Things will get worse before they get better, but I have every reason to expect he's going to make mostly right decisions for the nation. Any chance he can start now?

____________________

political_junki:

"Things will get worse before they get better, but I have every reason to expect he's going to make mostly right decisions for the nation."

I have the same hope.

____________________

Publius:

Junki:

If unemployment hits 12%, then I would agree with you, but at some point he will have to make good on his major promise. If he can use his political capital to do it, all the better.

I also agree that Obama and his advisers know what they are doing and will make the right decisions. It sounds funny to say that after having no confidence in the Bush Administration to do the right thing.

____________________

RussTC3:

Poll for the upcoming Georgia Senate Run-Off.

Research 2000 for Daily Kos (D), 11/10-12 (GE result in parenthesis)
Chambliss 49 (50)
Martin 47 (47)

____________________

RussTC3:

My bad, it's 49/46.

____________________

PortlandRocks:

God could the media quit covering Palin. That loser didn't help McCain in ONE STATE. NOT ONE. Actually, I pray to god she is the Repub nominee in '012. EASY WIN.

____________________

CTPonix4BHObama:

When you win the presidency you win the bigges bully pulpit of them all. Healthcare needs to be presented as a net gain, save money, prevent more expensive diseases, invest in the future. All net gains. Doesn't hurt that national healthcare actually would save money.

____________________



Post a comment




Please be patient while your comment posts - sometimes it takes a minute or two. To check your comment, please wait 60 seconds and click your browser's refresh button. Note that comments with three or more hyperlinks will be held for approval.

MAP - US, AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY, PR