Eric Dienstfrey | September 14, 2007
- 33% approve of the job George Bush is doing as president; 61% disapprove.
- 23% approve of the job Congress is doing; 65% disapprove.
- Among registered Democrats and those likely to vote in the Democratic primary, Sen. Hillary Clinton (at 44%) leads Sen. Barack Obama (23%) and former Sen. John Edwards (16%) in a national primary. All other candidates receive less than five percent each.
- Among registered Republicans and those likely to vote in the Republican primary; former Mayor Rudy Giuliani narrowly leads former Sen. Fred Thompson (32% to 26%) in a national primary; Sen. John McCain trails at 14%, former Gov. Mitt Romney at 11%. All other candidates receives less than five percent each.
- General election match-ups:
Romney 38%, Clinton 51%
Romney 34%, Obama 51%
Thompson 38%, Obama 47%
Thompson 41%, Clinton 50%
Giuliani 42%, Clinton 49%
Huckabee 36%, Clinton 50%
* Errors corrected.
View all National Primary poll data at Pollster.com: